Book a taxi with us online easy and quickly from Leeuwarden to Luxembourg Airport. We have different types of transfers in different price ranges, so also the best deal for you. Click here to view our rates and transfer types.
Luxembourg Airport (LUX) is the main airport in Luxembourg. Previously called Luxembourg Findel Airport due to its location at Findel, it is Luxembourg’s only international airport and is the only airport in the country with a paved runway. It is 6.02 km/3.74 mi, east of Luxembourg City. In 2018, it handled 4.04 million passengers. By cargo tonnage, LUX ranked as Europe’s fifth-busiest and the world’s 28th-busiest in 2010. Luxair, Luxembourg’s international airline, and cargo airline Cargolux have their head offices on the airport property.
Luxembourg airport is open daily from 4:00 AM to midnight. There is a free unlimited Wi-Fi at the airport.
Luxembourg airport is more than just an airport. It’s a place where you can indulge in fine dining, potter around stylish shops and relax before your flight all under one roof. What will really make you fall in love with the airport is its size. The contemporary boutique airport seamlessly combines the destination choices of a large international airport with the tranquility of a small regional one. The short walking distances to the gates means you can spend as much time as possible pampering yourself.
In order to make the most of your time at Luxembourg Airport, checking-in 2 hours before your flight is recommended. That way you’ll have plenty of time to unwind. You are required to check-in a minimum of 30-45 minutes before your flight depending on your airline. Find out the check-in deadline of your airline below I’m flying with:
- Aegean Airlines: 30 minutes
- British Airways: 45 minutes
- easyJet: 40 minutes
- Flybe: 30 minutes
- Hahn Air: 30 minutes
- KLM: 40 minutes
- LOT: 30 minutes for Business passengers and 40 minutes for Economy passengers
- Lufthansa: 30 minutes
- Luxair: 30 minutes for Business passengers, 45 minutes for Economy passengers and leisure flights
- Ryanair: please refer to www.ryanair.com
- Swiss: 30 minutes for Business passengers and 45 minutes for Economy passengers
- TAP: 30 minutes for Business passengers and 45 minutes for Economy passengers
- Turkish Airlines: 60 minutes